- Seamless integration with the Prusa MINI and Prusa MINI+
- Built in housing for the Prusa filament sensor
- Hardened drive gears for use with abrasive filaments that would wear out the stock feeder
- Adjustable thumbscrew tensioner to allow the user to fine-tine the drive gear pressure depending on the type of filament used
- Quick-release lever to allow for rapid material changes
Upgrading the Prusa MINI from the Stock Extruder to the Bondtech IFS Extruder
If you are installing the Bondtech IFS extruder and your Prusa still uses the stock extruder, use steps 1 through 15 of this guide to extract the extruder and reusable parts.
To correctly attach the motor gear to the stepper motor, please use the following video:
To correctly swap the 2 wires on the stepper motor cable, please use the following video:
Please Note: If you are using firmware 4.3.3, do not perform this step. Instead, use the parameter “Extruder Direction” to reverse the extruder direction instead. More information on this can be found here.
Upgrading the Prusa MINI from the Bondtech Extruder to the Bondtech IFS Extruder
Don’t forget to update the e-steps
If you are upgrading from the stock extruder to the new IFS extruder, you must update the e-steps value to 415.
When using firmware 4.3.3 or newer, update the e-steps value using the new Hardware Settings to customize the extruder. Check step 30 of Bondtech's old setup guide for more guidance.
When using previous versions, check steps 39-41 of the step by step guide.