So this hotend is a little bonkers. It's tiny, lightweight, and doesn't directly use a fan!
We consolidated the cooling by conducting heat to a small bearing bronze heat sink at the top that we call a "Base". The conduction heat break of the Mosquito® Conduct™ doesn't have cooling fins and is designed instead to only use conductive heat transfer to prevent heat creep. Even with no fins and its small size, the Mosquito Conduct can still print up to 500°C and can have nozzles swapped with one hand!
The Mosquito Conduct needs to be mounted to a metallic part or carriage that can help conduct heat away from the Base. That mating part must have 88 cm2 of surface area exposed to room temperature air for radiative and convective heat transfer to facilitate cooling, or use liquid cooling. The Base Conduct also incorporates quick release geometry to allow for rapid swapping of the entire hotend in print chambers of any temperature.
Conduct was primarily designed for integration by 3D printer manufacturers in high-performance applications.
- Rated for printing temperatures up to 500°C covering all printable thermoplastics
- Eliminates heat creep, reduces jamming, and improves printing resolution through Bimetallic Heat Break™ technology
- Conducts 85% less heat than a standard threaded heat break
- Increased structural rigidity allows for a One-handed Nozzle Change™
- Modular/adaptable to almost any FFF/FDM printer and ideal for multi-extrusion systems - Includes the familiar M2.5 mounting hole patterns of the Mosquito product family
- Uses RepRap style nozzles (M6 x 1.0 threads with a 7 mm thread length and 12.5 mm overall length)
- Low mass on the carriage for maximum X-Y acceleration
For assembly/disassembly instructions, click here.
WARNING: 3D printers are useful machine tools when installed with Slice Engineering® hotends in accordance with proper safety protocols by 3D printer manufacturers and professional automation engineers. The Mosquito® Conduct™ Hotend is an industrial tool designed for installation and configuration with appropriate cooling. By installing and/or operating the Mosquito® Conduct™ Hotend, you agree to take responsibility for any and all risks associated with the installation and operation of the Mosquito® Conduct™ Hotend.